Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sketch Challenge with Brayered Paper/ Daisy How To

So todays card is a very multipurpose card. First of all, this Thursday is an upcoming Stamp Camp for me and 5 of my demo friends. How we do it is, every 3 months we bring our customers together for Stamp Camp. We offer 5 projects, usually 2 cards and 3 other projects, demonstrations, food, door prizes, inspiration sheets, and lots of FUN! We all take turns demoing something, well... my demo is to show how the Au Chocolate paper can be brayered to color match your project. So I used the polka dot paper and brayered it with Almost Amethyst for the background.
The other purpose it serves is to use Amy Westerman's Sunday Sketch Challenge. To see the layout she offered click here. I love Amy's ideas, they really inspire me. Tomorrow I'll put up another card from her sketch from 2 weeks ago.
Last I wanted to show you how to alter your daisy punch to make it match your flowers with a straight edge.
First, you punch out the flower.





Next, just snip of the very ends of the flower with your paper snips.
Last is the finished flower. I used it up in the right hand corner of the image. It matches the little stamped flowers in the bouquet better than if it has the rounded edges.

Here's the "recipe":

Sets: Flower Filled, Warm Words
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Au Chocolate brayered with Almost Amethyst, Shimmery White
Ink: Boots-Almost Amethyst with dots of Eggplant Envy before stamping, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose(stamped off once)
Accessories: 1 3/8 circle punch, Daisy Punch, 1/2" circle punch.

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Neat idea!

Amy said...

beautiful card, and such a great idea on the flower punch! I'll have to try that one out! Thanks for playing my sketch challenges! I love to see what everyone comes up with!!!!

Amy

p.s. I just read that you are a labor and delivery nurse! God BLESS you for all you do for Mother's!!!! Nurses rock!

Diane said...

Great idea on the flower...TFS and your card is gorgeous!!

Heather said...

I like to alter my flower punches also. Great idea!