Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Little Lady Gift Bag Envelope

I decide to set a goal for myself and start doing a weekly feature I'm going to call Tuesday "How To...". For the first one I will show you "How to make a gift bag out of an envelope".Begin with using a large white mailing envelope. I bought mine at Walmart, something like 6 of them for $1.97.
Next you will stamp your image all over the front and the back of the envelope. I used Paper Trey's Little Lady in Summer Sun and Ruby Red. The flowers are Pumpkin Pie.
Next you score the bottom, right, and left edge at 2 inches. I used my scoring blade in one of my cutters. Then fold back and forth along those scores to loosen up the paper.
Now you open up the top of the envelope and put your hand inside to push out the bottom of the bag and to form the sides of the bag.
Now take any type of tape (I had packing tape handy) and fold in the bottom triagular edges and tape them down. I do recommend using a good quality tape and not your tape runner. If you put anything with some weight in the bag, you will it to be strong.You bag should now look like a lunch bag would look if the top where folded over.
This is the end version before the final embellishments. I will tell you, if you are a SU demo, this WOW's people EVERY time at a workshop! It's a great stamp camp project too. And people are amazed when they get them too, that "you made that out of an envelope??"
This is the final project with a bow tied on and a tag added. Leave me a comment with a link if you make one, I'd love to see what other people might be able to make. Hope your inspired!

Here's the recipe:
Paper: Large white mailing envelope
Ink: Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Gold organdy ribbon, small and large tag punch
Set: Little Lady from Paper Trey

4 comments:

lilstamper said...

This is a great project and as a SU! demo, I know my customers would LOVE this! Thanks soooo much for sharing - I will be trying this!

grandmascraps said...

I really like this project thanks for sharing it.
Gail

Anonymous said...

This is really cute. I'm going to try it!!!

maria said...

i just made a gift box using your tutorial - amazing stuff, looks great too, super for easter chocolate eggs :D fantastic little gift bags - thank you!