Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Pseudo pansy

I love it when stamping inspiration happens totally by accident. I was playing around with the little flower outline from the Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set and I figured this out.
If you start with stamping the outline. Then keep stamping it in succession in a "circle".
You will end up with a fun new little flower. When I got it done, I thought it kind of had the shape of a pansy. Now, obviously pansies don't have skinny petals but I colored my flower to kind of look like one.
Here is the finished version. It uses an aqua painter to color in the flower and give it a little watercoloring effect. The green cardstock is Sage Shadow, and the paper is from the last suppliment. I think it turned out kinda pretty.

3 comments:

BarbK said...

Now that's creative! I'm going to try this for sure. TFS.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this fun idea. Since you are a new blogger I thought you might like to play along. You've been tagged. See the deatils at www.inkingaround.com.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I tried putting two together, but not the third stamp! I'll be trying this one. TFS!